Welcome to a repository of Winnipeg Police News Releases. This is an automatically updated blog powered by robots and hot sauce.
Monday, May 28, 2018
News Release - Winnipeg Police Service
Tuesday, May 22, 2018
Drug Offences Arrest: C18-109754
During the day of May 26, 2018, members of the Street Crime Unit, with the assistance of the Tactical Support Team, executed a Controlled Drugs and Substances Act search warrant at a location in the 1300 block of Spruce Street.
An investigation has led to the seizure of a number of items including the following:
- 2,903 grams of benzocaine (estimated street value of $500)
- 266 grams of cocaine (estimated street value of $20,000)
- 103 ¼ gram pieces of crack cocaine (estimated street value of $2,000)
- 70 grams of marijuana (estimated street value of $700)
- 158 Percocet pills (estimated street value of $780)
- 309 Gabapentin pills (estimated street value $3,100)
- Digital scales
- Numerous packaging materials
- Contaminated kitchen appliances/accessories
- Money counter
The investigation was aided by the help of members from the Division 11 and East District Community Support Units.
Barry Allan Courchene, a 35-year-old male of Winnipeg, has been charged with:
- Possession of a Scheduled Substance for the Purpose of Trafficking - Cocaine
- Possession of a Scheduled Substance for the Purpose of Trafficking - Cannabis (Marihuana)
- Possession of a Scheduled Substance for the Purpose of Trafficking - Oxycodone
- Possession of a Scheduled Substance for the Purpose of Trafficking
- Produce a Scheduled Substance - Cocaine
He was detained in custody.
Robbery Request for Public Assistance: C18-17800
The Major Crimes Unit is requesting the public's assistance in identifying two suspects in a robbery that occurred on January 25, 2018.
At approximately 5:00 a.m., a taxi cab driver picked up two fares at the corner of Portage Avenue and Sherbrook Street. The passengers were both males that appeared to be in the mid-20's. They directed the cab to a residence on Greenway Crescent West.
Near the conclusion of the ride, the suspect on the driver's side (#2) requested the cab stop at which time he exited the vehicle. The suspect on the passenger side (#1) produced a knife and robbed the driver of cash and a cell phone. The driver was not injured.
Suspect #1 is described as Indigenous in appearance, in his mid-20's, 5'10" in height, approx. 220 lbs., short dark hair, tattoo on right wrist/forearm, wearing a dark-coloured The North Face jacket and a white Toronto Raptors baseball cap.
Suspect #2 is described as Caucasian in appearance, in his mid-20's with a thin build and wearing a dark-coloured jacket.
Anyone who believes they know the identity of either of the two suspects or has any information regarding this incident is asked to call investigators at 204-986-6219 or Crime Stoppers at 204-786-TIPS (8477).
For further information contact either: Constable Rob Carver, Public Information Officer Constable Jay Murray, Public Information Officer Constable Tammy Skrabek, Public Information Officer Kelly Dehn, Manager of Public Affairs